Manufactum Two Jet Hand Shower Made of Brass
delivery to non EU countries in 2-3 weeks
Calm Water. Crystal Clear with the Laminar Jet.
This mechanically more elaborate version of our all-brass shower solves a problem which, from a physics point of view, is hardly trivial: to calm running water to such an extent that it falls completely free of all turbulences and without aerosol admixtures. How calm the flowing water is, is visible in its crystalline clarity and tangible in the gentle way the water touches the skin – just as it should be after a sauna session. Or as Sebastian Kneipp would have liked it. The bavarian priest (1821 –1897) was one of the forefathers of hydrotherapy, and his name is closely connected with the "Kneipp Cure". With a focus on the beneficial effects of water and herbs on the human body, Kneipp expanded the notion of health to a more holistic view which included mental and social aspects. From the 1840ies on, water related cures and hydropathic establishments multiplied with great rapidity not only in Germany, but in France, America, and England. However, the medical impact has not yet been proven, but the practice was registered in the list of the intangible cultural heritage of Germany.
Our Hand Shower with Alternative Massaging and Pouring jets.
When you alter the shower head from the normal jet to the laminar jet by simply rotating the shower head, the water is sent from a distributor plate over a cascade of five superimposed sieves and a specially developed "laminator". On its way, the water is completely calmed and produces an utterly parallel (or laminar) flow. The water that hits the skin does not bead and fall off, but remains in contact with the skin for an extended period, which increases the stimulating effect. This is something we have tried very hard to achieve. The entire mechanics involved in this process, literally all of the parts, are assembled from CNC-milled brass pieces. If you disassemble the shower head with a coin (for curiosity or cleaning purposes), you will only find a single piece of plastic (the laminator insert is made of plastic) – and not a single part that is not easy to clean or replace.
Brass Taps. First-Class Down to the Last Detail.
We searched for tap fittings for the bathroom sink, shower, bathtub, bidet and kitchen sink, all with a classic form. The result: tap fittings of the highest quality for a mid-range price.
– Each tap fitting has a solid brass body, which is cast in a single piece and is protected from corrosion and permanently sealed with hard-wearing, two-layered, nickel chromium plating, which finally gets polished by hand.
– The cartridge, the heart of the tap, has shown in tests to have a service life of 500,000 operating cycles and is designed in such a way that any solid particles in the tap water cannot damage the sealing washers. All cartridges can be easily exchanged without special tools.
– These taps have precisely calibrated valve controls. The ceramic discs of diamond-like hardness have an unrivalled long-life and are equipped with reduced gliding surfaces which can define the water jet with extreme precision.
– The taps are tested by means of mechanical and hydraulic procedures to the following requirements: water tightness, mechanical wear and tear, the quality of the chromed surface, noise emission and dimensional deviation. Before delivery, each fitting is tested for leaks on a testing station connected to a water supply.
– The taps are suitable for pressure accumulators as well as for thermally and hydraulically controlled instantaneous water heaters.
– Designed even in the smallest details true to the functional use of materials in handicraft tradition: even the hot and cold labels inserted into the tap heads are made of porcelain (not plastic, as is usually the case).
– The tap fittings can be completely disassembled into their parts, so each component is interchangeable.
The fittings are delivered with all component parts necessary for installation. Detailed installation instructions are included.
It’s good for everything: With our PDF gift certificates you can choose from the entire Manufactum selection. Pick one of the five motifs, which you can send by email or print out and present personally, immediately after submitting your order.Order Now